- Habitat for Humanity of Lenawee County (HFHLC) accepts applications in two ways: on a rolling basis, which requires a one-on-one meeting with our Homeowner Selection/Support Chair, or following a group informational meeting (offered as often as quarterly).
- Homeowner partners are selected for Habitat homeownership based on three criteria:
- Ability to pay
- Willingness to partner
Income guidelines for 2016-17 are as follows:
||Min. Monthly Gross Income
||Max Monthly Gross Income
- Please complete the application packet and provide all required documentation. Only complete applications will be considered. We require the following verification documents:
- Proof of GROSS income (Last 4 weeks of pay stubs, proof of SSI/SSDI/Social Security, etc). BANK STATEMENTS MAY NOT BE USED. Child support/alimony are optional to report.
- Verification of food stamps (DHS letter)
- Last two years of tax returns with W-2’s. If you do not have them on hand, your tax preparer should be able to provide you with a copy. You can also go to http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc156.html to learn how to request either a complete copy of your Federal return or a transcript, and to http://michigan.gov/taxes (search under Frequently Asked Questions) to get a copy of your state return.
- Proof of monthly expenses (as reported on the application). Please also be sure to provide your landlord’s name, address and phone number.
- When you have completed your application, call Amy Clough Baker at 517-265-6157 or email email@example.com to schedule an application appointment.
Completed applications can be turned in to the Habitat office located at: 1205 E Beecher St., Adrian, MI. 49221